Friday, November 12, 2010

Guess what I'm Watching :D

Mushu: Did you see those Huns? They popped out of the snow, like daisies!

Yao: I'm gonna hit you so hard, it'll make your ancestors dizzy.

The Emperor of China: You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty.

Fa Zhou: The greatest gift and honor...is having you as a daughter.

Grandmother Fa: Who spit in her bean curd?

Shang: Ping, you' are the craziest man I've ever met, and for that I owe you my life. From now on, you have my trust.

Mushu: My little baby, off to destroy people.

...I love this movie =]
Haha although I'm actually not watching it anymore. I was, but now I'm watching Spirit.
My normal-people live TV isn't working, so the only thing I'm able to watch are VHS's and DVD's :p

My VHS player scares me.

I've noticed that when I watch a movie (on a video-tape) and then I fall asleep, when I wake up the video tape has been rewound. This happens every time.

I really wanted to know why so I decided to conduct an experiment. I put a movie on and then let it play way past the credits until the screen went black. After a minute or two the screen went from black to a static black and white. I let it play like that for about ten minutes and nothing happened. It didn't rewind.

It doesn't rewind itself while I'm awake but it does if I fall asleep and the movie ends. I don't understand, how is it doing this?

...Oh well, I guess the world may never know.

Love,
009

2 comments:

(kumquat) said...

It's a courtesy technology Walt Disney made sure they put in all the video tapes. The characters are watching you as the movie plays, so they know you fell asleep. So when the movie ends, they pop out of the tv and rewind the tape so you don't miss anything. Beat that BlueRay!!

SlylyAnnonymous said...

That makes perfect sense!
I knew there was a good reason as to why I kept all of my VHS's =]